Friday, April 20, 2012

Surprise!!!

Recovery With A Twist
Fast forwarding to the next year and past all the doctors visits and red tape it takes to be approved for surgery! I showed up to the hospital early that morning with the support of my parents and father of my oldest and first born son! I weighed in that day before being prepped for surgery at a never forgetting weight of 315 pounds, and that was obese considering my age and height of 5'5! Ok I go home after a couple of days of monitoring not like now where they send you home the next day! I'm glad I had my surgery when I did because nowadays they send you home too quick in my opinion. Now it's October and I'm laying in bed after cleaning up and trying to go to sleep. I remember this day like yesterday....I felt a little flutter continued flutter going on in my belly. I went and told my mother what was going on, I was still living at home then and man was I scared. 
My mother trying to come up with some logical reason for why I was having these feelings had come up with everything from hernia to tumors! I remember her saying "you can't be pregnant because you just had your surgery", and me thinking of course not! So I took not one, not two but three pregnancy test because Quinton (my son) dad freaked out and came back with more than one test. I picked up all three and ran into my mothers room..."they all are positive" I said with this numb feeling in my throat!! My parents looked at me and looked at each other and started laughing. What was so funny I still don't know to this day but I was not laughing at all. If I was pregnant how far could I be because again I had surgery a couple of months ago. So I get an emergency appointment and there he was this face looking at me on a ultrasound picture! That's right...I was 2 1/2 months pregnant when I had my surgery!!! Being cut open for hours, having pain medication for a while, not being able to eat for weeks (no solids), losing weight fast all this ran constant through my mind! 
Was this child going to be ok and was I going to be able to carry him full term? ~Juantoria

1 comment:

  1. I love it Juantoria keep it coming! You should write a book some day! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete