Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blessings After The Storm

God Is Good
After all the madness & scarey thoughts about the future had subside, I continued to have a pretty normal pregnancy. Born on May 12th was my not so little bundle of joy, Quinton weighed in over 8 pounds with lungs that could fill the heavens!! I went on to have my only girl Theresa in 1998 again high risk but still pretty normal pregnancy! Only to find out five months after her birth I was pregnant again with twins! Yes I was busy to put it mildly! 
One night after celebrating a wedding in our family a couple of my cousins & I decided to go riding around. It was warm outside and the streets were full of people enjoying the weekend. I remember sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green but it seem like a lifetime before it did. I turned into a close by gas station and as I turned my life took another turn as well. Before pulling all the way into the open lot a red convertible full of drinking teenagers slammed into my car, causing my body to hit the steering wheel. Screams and horns rang in my ears so loud I blacked out for a minute.  (RAN A RED LIGHT-DRUNK-KEPT GOING..YEA HE WAS ARRESTED)!!
Rushed to the emergency not in too much pain I figured everything would be just fine. Test were ran and information was given to hospital staff & the police! Ok so the doctor comes in and says "we need to put you upside down"...huh? They were trying to save my twins from being born. I spent a couple of days in the hospital & one late night a pain set in like no other and the bed was full with blood. All the running around and quick prep this and giving me meds could not stop Gods Will from being done! Within the hour my twins (girls) were sent back to heaven.

At this time I didn't put on weight I lost a lot actually from being depressed & mad at the world! Then I started to remember I had two other children to live for and they were still here and they needed me! I had a loving support system and that made the healing easier! I still had my Quinton & Theresa and we were going to be just fine!! ~Juantoria

No comments:

Post a Comment