Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fruit & Veggie Overload

Cake, Cookies & Pies

I was never a cake, cookie nor pie girl of course I like sweets but my weight gain or loss was because of my portion amounts. I use to pile on gravy, use too much butter when cooking, eat large amounts of pork or red meats with UN-trimmed fat, and the use of fruit or veggies were cooked wrong taking away all the good things they have to offer. I found new ways to implement fruit and vegetables into my everyday meals that are not boring and I get all the vitamins and nutrients I need to eat clean.

I started to what they call "See Rainbows In Every Meal" which means to have a serving of fruit and veggies with every meal everyday! It became fun trying to make sure that happen, then I noticed that my sides and meat/fish were still on my plate when I finished eating...well most of it anyway. Fiber is filling and you are not as hungry during the day when you've had that recommended amount. Your fruit and veggies has so much fiber in it and you need that on a daily.

I am having fun with my eating clean lifestyle and look forward to learning many more recipes and sharing them with you.  (Top Photo: Sliced apples with peanut butter and/or almond butter granola & dark chocolate shavings)!!! Dark Chocolate is good chocolate but not too much of it:-) 

Happy Eating!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment