Sunday, May 27, 2012

Doing It Big!!

New Trainer
I found this trainer on Facebook and I'm not sure how long she has had a fb page but she is the bomb.com!! She has DVD collections coming out in June and I am waiting on my copies because she does not hold back on giving you a workout that gives you awesome results! Until then check out her website for loads of information and her YouTube for previews of what will be in her DVD collection. I added a paragraph below from her website on how you should start your fitness journey!! ~Juantoria 



 

Big-Boned Basics

Nov 18, 2010 31 Comments by
Hello my lovely ladies, Ive been receiving a lot of emails on the “How To” in losing weight. In response, I felt the need to share what I DO instead of WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES!!Currently I am 5’9/5’10 give and take my bowleggs lol and between 203-206 pounds!! Therefore here is my recommendations to you: 1. WRITE DOWN YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT AND YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!! When I say GOAL, I mean a realistic number you are comfortable with. When I was 217 pounds, I wrote 180 pounds but then as I started losing the weight I realized 200 pounds was “A BETTER LOOK” for me!
2. GIVE YOURSELF A TIMELINE!! My timeline was 6 weeks because I was still trying to find the perfect formula that worked best with my body. I realized over time 1-3 pounds in a week wasn’t A FAR CRY and it won’t be for you if you are CONSISTENT!! THEREFORE, I recommend no less than 2 pounds for you!!
3. JOIN A GYM!! Being Brutally Honest, if you want to lose weight THE RIGHT WAY!! Which means diet and fitness. YOU NEED TO JOIN A GYM!! If you just lose the weight with diet, the pounds will come off BUT your skin has a risk of losing its firmness and elasticity!! You definitely want to maintain a toned physique, on your way to greatness!!
4. DIET!! Im not a big fan of DIETING but Ive realized that something in my diet had to be limited or cut off in order to reach my goal weight. Lets face it, I used to eat what I wanted…POINT BLANK !! I grew up participating in sports and dance performance and never encountered the GAINING WEIGHT” syndrome. Then one day EVERYTHING caught up to me lol!! I had to come to terms with it, WHICH WASN’T EASY”! The first thing I did was limit my carbs, YES, LIMIT MY CARBS!! It was hard at first but I made myself eat a BIG HEALTHY BREAKFAST.(Ex: Western Omelette, NO CHEESE, Wheat Toast and Oatmeal!! I love Tea, so thats what I would drink along with Cranberry juice or seltzer water!! Lunch would consist of a salad, then dinner was (ex: Fish, or chicken with greens(broccoli, or spinach)and *small* rice! Ok Im NOT GOING TO LYE! I LOOOOVE WHITE RICE!! lol Maybe its an African thing!! So I just limited my portion of rice!! No meals after 9pm. I usually went to bed by 1am. “I know terrible”!
5. STOP ASKING EVERYONE’S OPINION!! When I did it, I left everyone out of it except my partner! Some of the people around you can indirectly influence you with their own personal situations. Take everyone’s opinion in stride but DO YOUR OWN THING!!!
* LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT BLOG ABOUT “CLEANSING YOUR MIND” (SOMETHING I DID) to help my chances in obtaining my physical goal!! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I ADORE feedback!! Talk to Me!!!
(c) 2010 November Anowa Adjah

No comments:

Post a Comment